Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Are you here for that

Are you here for that, Miss?
Did you come to look at this?
Well, he left long ago, yes.
He’s been gone for some time, Miss.

“It was her”, he said.
He wrote, “I’ll soon be dead.”
Blew it straight through his head.
Lay there, still, on the bed.

A terrible thing, suicide.
His motive you ask?
Why, it was his previous matricide.
His mom shouldn’t’ve drunk that cask.

So, Miss, are you here for that?
Are you here to look at this?
Because his note left nothing to you.
What now, are you going to do?

I’ll quickly be the first to tell you that.
You’re to leave, and preferably never come back.
Pack your things, go on your way.
For if you’re not gone,
I fear you shall never again see the light of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment